Monday 30 April 2018

Kid/Dub

I've never made it to Hot Dub Time Machine so when I saw the Comedy Festival had Kid/Dub on, I decided I wouldn't miss it. Obviously, it was the perfect school holiday activity, so wins in the good mama department too. Having played at the Adelaide festival when I was at Womad, and more recently the Commonwealth Games, it has been on my radar for awhile with posters taunting me at every turn, so was thrilled when the Sydney Comedy Festival announced Kid/Dub in it's children's progamme.

The bubbles in the forecourt kept the kids entertained while we waited, and was foretelling the fun and frivolity ahead.

The 'time machine' is powered by the dancing, clapping and stomping, so it doesn't take long to get into full swing - there's no 'warm up' in this show. The host, Lulu Loud is just delightful and her exuberance is infectious.

  
The best part of this show, is that the adults seem to get into it more than the children. By midway through, the mums and dads are dancing as if they've transported back to their youth. I'll admit it felt weird not to be downing a few drinks...but it was only 2pm and obviously, I had kids in tow.



The show is basically a musical odyssey through time, and it appeals to all ages - the kids, the parents and even the grandparents! There's balloons, confetti and glow sticks, tuned with the hits of pop, hip hop and rock. It's truly the best dance party ever!



The show sold out pretty quickly, so my tip is to keep your eye out for dates and buy as soon as you see a gig near you. I could have easily kicked on for a few more hours, which I'm guessing is how the adult shows work. Top of my Torshlusspanik list is to get myself to Wine-Machine, the dance party in the vineyards. I'll be ditching the kids and getting a crew together for a road trip!

(Disclosure: I got PR tickets for a different site, but I was going to go anyway, and it was just fortuitous timing. It is a blast and given the grins on the faces, both old and young, I doubt you'll find anyone who didn't have a ball! The poor quality photos are an indication of how hopeless my iphone is and how much I was jumping about and having a good time and PERHAPS forgot to take any proper shots.)




Hot Dub is heading to the UK, Switzerland and Thredbo, so check out for dates & tickets here.
Kid/Dub - no dates announced yet. Watch the website
Wine Machine - ditto. Watch the website.

Linking with #WednesdayAroundtheWorld  #TwinklyTuesday  #GlobalBlogging and #FortheloveofBLOG

13 comments:

  1. KidDub looks like a blast for everyone. Thanks for stopping by my Blue Monday post.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is this!!! I love that the adults relax and get into just having fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a fun show that my grandchildren would enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks such fun! They need to do TeenDub though as the Tubblet is too old for the Kids one

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, it sounds amazing, and something my kids would LOVE! Definitely going to keep an eye out for the next time they are in Sydney!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like everyone is having such a wonderful time! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you all had a great time. Love shows where the whole family can experience so much fun #fortheloveofblog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how fun this looks! Love all those colours! Such a great family outing! #globalblogging

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that all the family can enjoy this, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like a great night out and thanks for linking up at #fortheloveofBLOG. Claire x

    ReplyDelete