Friday 8 December 2017

Today I will....

I appear to have lost the original image

Today I will do a little bit of house keeping first: I'm shutting the blog for 6 weeks, back Feb, on Friday with a First of the Month Fiction. I'll be in Finland for a bit and the only SM I'll use is Insta, as a semi detox.

Today I will look back on the year that was:
Back in January, one of my photos made the final cut of the Dix Mots competition (which is open again now for those interested).



February saw some pretty spectacular days on the harbour.

March saw my first experience of Womad, and hopefully not my last!  Coasttrek and dance classes to try and get this old bod in shape....

April saw us in London for the Marathon and exploring Malta, Amsterdam and the glorious Belgium.






May and June lit up with Vivid, one of my favourite times of the year. We also finally expanded the family to include this gorgeous gal.


July was the start of my festival of High Teas. I've decided this is a lovely way to spend time with friends and intend to keep it going next year.

August was a dash to Brisbane for a fleeting visit with an old and very dear friend, and Thor (well, the Marvel Universe). Such luxuries are what make life so pleasurable.





September was busy, the highlight being a trip to Singapore for the F1 and the sensational Children's Biennale. I also attended this EXCELLENT talk on teens and procrastination (the video linked in the post is well worth a watch).






October had lots of fabulousness - champagne lunches, shows, bingo and lots of fun with friends, but the highlight was obviously the short 5 nights stint in Phang Nga Bay.

November has seen much frivolity but the highlight has to be the Yes vote getting up with the Australian public. It restored my faith in humanity a little, as I do like to think that in this country, we believe in what is fair. I also fulfilled a dream three years in the making, getting my donation of supplies to the Landmine Relief Centre in Siem Reap.


December brings Christmas, holidays and reflection. I want to say, looking back, this year has seen a lot of change for the good for me personally. I've been carrying some pretty difficult loads and for the last four years, have been at times overwhelmed with my situation, just struggling to keep afloat. However, this year is the first year for a long time where I've been able to enjoy life and look outward again - helping others and providing the support that was provided to me by others in my time of need. I know how fluid it is, and the inevitable will still happen, but for now I'm enjoying this feeling while I can, and not worrying about what is heading my way.

My story was published again in the Grieve anthology, and I nervously await the outcome of Museum of Words. I love the story I wrote for them, and I sincerely hope they do too.




Today I will wish you all a Merry Christmas and safe and happy holiday season. May you all be greeted with a joyful 2018. Come New Year, I'll be raising a glass to you, kind readers.

Keep fighting the good fight, both for you personally and on behalf of others.

Linking with #RubyTuesdayToo and #BlueMonday for the splashes of red and blue in this old post, and it makes me happy!

16 comments:

  1. What a fabulous year you've had. Full off...everything that a year shuld be full of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful year you have had. We visited Malta this year for the first time and it was a lovely surprise - we loved it. Have a fabulous Christmas and holiday and see you next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you've done so much. I just survived another year. Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect you've done so much more than that, however, some days (& years), surviving is more than enough!!

      Delete
  4. How exciting looking forward to a trip to Finland! I love that anticipation of a new adventure just before you actually go on holidays.

    Ingrid
    http://www.fabulousandfunlife.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a lovely break and I've really loved sharing this last year in the blogosphere with you and your blog.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a year! Great summary. I'm not even sure where I'd start with our 2017 summary. But it will be a rollercoaster post ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've had a busy year. I like your idea of shutting down for a month or two, have a great time on your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh I am glad you got to do so many of these things over the course of a year and it's been a pleasure following along thanks to IG. Thank you too for your kindness and care when I was diagnosed with cancer. People such as yourself make me feel very loved. Thank you for linking up for #lifethisweek47/52. Next week is the last link up and prompt for 2017 - Christmas Plans PS See you in Feb 2018!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have travelled a lot this year-that’s cool! Your new dog is so sweet! I was so pleased when Australia votes yes too #kcacols

    ReplyDelete
  10. WHat an awesome year! WIshing you a terrific break and a wonderful holiday season! Bring on 2018! #KCACOLS xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous year, so many places visited, you're very lucky! Merry Christmas. Thanks so much for linking up at #KCACOLS. Hope you come back again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have had a lovely year. Enjoy your break.
    #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had a brilliant year. I hope you are having a lovely break. It sounds like a great idea, so refreshing. Thanks so much for linking up at #KCACOLS. Hope you come back again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those windmills against the bright blue sky. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete