Tuesday 31 October 2017

Climb 'n' Dine




I opted out of Seven Bridges this year as it clashed with the stair challenge, which had been moved to later in the year. Because of the date change, we missed the beautiful sunrise that graced the morning last year.  Climb'n'Dine basically requires you to run up 37 flights of stairs, 640 steps to be precise, and then have breakfast at the top. A lovely reward for minimal effort.


Michael O'Loughlin speaking on behalf of Go Foundation


I was carrying an injury - I suspect from just being old and some over zealous Bollywood dancing - so hadn't really trained. Nevertheless I was disappointed with my time  - well into 8 minutes (about 2 minutes slower than last year), and my ranking in the bottom third of women.













Next year, I want to be closer to the 6 minute mark.

That said, there are stunning views and a lovely breakfast waiting at the top, and a lot of money was raised for a worthy cause. Thank you GO Foundation and Shangri-La for a splendid Sunday morning.






Linking with #LovingLifeLinky #TravelTuesday #WednesdayAroundtheWorld #SundayBest  #PointShoot #thealmostwordlesswednesday  #LifeThrumylens #TheGoodTheFun #OutdoorWednesday #PictorialTuesday
http://www.buckeroomama.com/https://peabea.blogspot.com.au/



This shot is reflected through a mirror on the wall of the restaurant for #WeekendReflections

16 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea and an amazing view with you breakfast. Thank you for linking up to #PointShoot 📸

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome challenge...glad all went well and money was raised. I so admire that you can run like that. Maybe when I was younger, but that's a lot of stairs; for me anyway. Enjoyed your photo sharings.

    Peabea@Peabea Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
  3. The main thing is finishing the task at hand, Lydia, and you did it! Great photos too.
    Thank you for taking part in the Travel Tuesday meme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! great photos and quite the workout . Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great challenge with a lovely reward at the end! I hadn't heard of this before!

    Ingrid
    http://www.fabulousandfunlife.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks gorgeous but I don't think I could climb 600+ steps. Or I could, but I'd take a long time and need a lot of stops.

    When I went to fat camp we had to do this 1000 step challenge and I hated it... cos there was also a walk up a hill to get to the start of the steps! (And I hate hills almost as much as I hate steps.) #teamlovinlife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 600 isn't really very much - and hills are way harder than steps...

      Delete
  7. That's a great effort. 640 steps is murderous on the calves! I suppose on the plus side the burn is over and done with relatively quickly. #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of this, but WOW! On the up side the climb is done quickly...and, just quietly, I reckon I'd be HEAPS slower. #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG I think your time is GOOD! I don't think I could run up 640 stairs somehow. I'd run up a dozen and then be bent over huffing and puffing. Extreme effort is not my forte! lol I could walk up them though but it would take me a lot longer than 8 minutes! #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I would just have taken the lift!

    My #lovinlife post is here

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great way to spend a morning! And for a charitable cause too! Lovely! #PointShoot xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember your stair climb from last year. And here you are again. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete