Sunday 27 August 2017

Doing nothing is respectable at tea. Sasaki Sanmi,



Following on from the High Tea in the Calyx, a group of ladies and I took a few hours to relax at the High Tea at the Power House. It's a fabulous offer for members, only $38.50 with sparkling rose or $45 with champagne (slightly more for non Members).

What makes high tea so pleasurable is not so much the food or decadence but the time spent in conversation that you probably wouldn't have had otherwise. Rarely do we spend an afternoon in discussion. Having just written about mindfulness, high tea is a lovely way to practice clarity of thought and focus.







We were literally the only people in the tea room, so it was an extremely exclusive event. For a few hours it was easy to really love life.

There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea. – Henry James

Have you checked out the Powerhouse's tea offering?






Linking this old post with #T for Tuesday



21 comments:

  1. How very British! Love it! Thanks for linking up at NanaHood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks lovely and sounds very relaxing

    Molyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more. Having not done one in about 7 years, I have 3 lined up in an 8 week period. It's becoming my new favourite habit.

      Delete
  4. It sounds lovely. I've been to a few high teas but not for ages. Interestingly my niece is having one (albeit at home) on Saturday for her 'family' 21st celebrations. She lives at home with her parents so I think she and her mum are organising it all. My niece has developed a fascination of sorts with tea and teacups and stuff. Personally I'm hoping there's champagne as well cos I don't 'do' tea!

    #teamlovinlife

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks and sounds so lovely! A private and very luxe high tea.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that looks very civilised indeed... Jo #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
  7. What I wonderful way to spend an afternoon. I've not done this for a very long time, so will have to investigate the options.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for linking up at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2017/08/lucky-shot.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful tea room. We have one here in my town of Florence, Oregon. They try to be original but it's just the same. A very lovely post indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've only had high tea once, but it was fun to chat, drink and eat too. Happy T day. Erika

    ReplyDelete
  11. Time spent with friends is wonderful. So nice to see you today. Happy t day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like you had great time with your friends while having High Tea. I have that experience too. High tea experience is always great to catchup with friends.
    Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have never had 'high tea' but it sounds lovely as are your photos! Happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful idea and looks fabulous. Happy T-day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I remember high tea from my time in England. Happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful establishment to experience this event. So very wonderful of you to share this with us. I enjoyed reading the menu. It definitely was LOVE (and ribbon sandwiches, too)! I am sure it made it even more enjoyable when you spent time with friends over tea and scones. Thank you for sharing this lovely post from the past with us for T this Tuesday, dear Lydia.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love high tea. Better with others, but I've treated myself, too. Looks like a lovely establishment

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love High Tea. What a perfect post for TSFT.

    ReplyDelete