Follow by email:

Saturday, 29 July 2017

A cup of tea is a excuse to share great thoughts with great minds - Christina Re


On Saturday my high tea season kicked off. I headed to the Calyx for High Tea amongst the flowers with my nieces. Dressed in my Alice finery, which Wonderland earings to boot, we settled in for some champagne, tea and of course conversation. We covered movies, book clubs, house prices (we are in Sydney after all) and parents not treating you like an adult (I had to defend the parents, because I am one). And my favourite topic of all, travel.



It was a lovely few hours sitting still and connecting. Then we went on our way and back to our separate weekends.










While it is not cheap, it's certainly a lovely way to catch up with friends for conversation. For a few hours it was easy to love life.



“There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea.” 
― Henry JamesThe Portrait of a Lady




12 comments:

  1. Wow those colours are beautiful

    Thank you for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree what beautiful blooms the first photo is amazing :-)

    Have a bloomintastic week ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd have loved to sit amongst the flowers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those flowers are indeed gorgeous! great place to have great tea..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful flowers and I love your quotes. Sounds like a lovely afternoon..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely flowers and the colors are beautiful. Enjoying time with family is the best way to spend a day. Have a great morning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - love all those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous place for a cuppa! Kudos the the gardeners!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what amazing flowers, the colors are breath taking!!!

    ReplyDelete