Saturday 17 June 2017

Lights out - end of VIVID






Over the last three weeks I went to VIVID eight times, with and without the kids. Sometimes with friends, sometimes solo. I went to two VIVID concerts and dined at The Burrows, the VIVID pop up. I love VIVID. It makes me go out at night, it makes me enjoy the week nights, instead of sitting around watching tv, waiting for the weekend. It makes me love Sydney.





I am always a little sad when it is done. The only things I had left to see was the Airport installation and the Zoo (I'd rather spend my money on dinner than paying to see the lights, though I have friends that rave about the zoo, so I acknowledge I may be missing out)





These are the photos I took at Barangaroo, Darling Harbour and the Gardens, that I never had time to post.













All bubbles have a way of bursting, and all fun comes to an end. But why? Why does my behaviour fall back into dull routine?  
















Good thing the school holidays are fast upon us, as I can fill the days with fun and exploration. 









Do you get sad at the end of a festival or event?

















 For three weeks I was loving life. Now, it's a little meh. But I had dinner out with friends and slunk off to Sherlock Holmes yesterday so I really am still loving life a little. It's just not as colourful as it was.What are you loving at the moment?  Linking with #WeekendReflections because there are plenty of reflections on the water, but also on the glass in Bulletin Lane. Also linking with #MySundayBest #InspiremeMondays #WordlessWednesdays #GlobalBlogging #TravelTuesday #PictorialTuesday #LNRseasons #OutdoorWednesday #WednesdayRoundTheWorld

22 comments:

  1. oh wow I have never heard of this, it looks wonderful. So glad you enjoyed it so much! #GlobalBlogging

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I look forward to these Vivd posts now and sad to see it go. Every image is so lively and colorful, I just love these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, all the conferences I have been to have ended up with me being sad when they are done

    Mollyx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was sad to see Vivid end too! There was such a great atmosphere in Sydney in the streets at night when Vivid was on.

    Ingrid
    http://www.fabulousandfunlife.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I can't believe Vivid's over already! I've loved seeing all of the pics on instagram and people's blogs. I especially love the fourth one in you round up here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm happy that you have been posting all the VIVID photos. I have been living vicariously through your camera. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I mentioned last week that a friend of mine had won a trip to Vivid and she's now returned and loved it. I saw lots of her pics as well and I'm so glad they got to go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning Lydia! You're so fortunate to have enjoyed so much of this beautiful festival of light :) #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
  9. The sunflowers are my favourite!

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like it was a fabulous festival of lights. I will have to visit Sydney next year to see it for myself. :) #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to see this festival of lights.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You really did bring Vivid to life for us this year Lydia. Thanks for sharing and showing me there's more to Vivid that Sydney Harbour! I must get a schedule from you next year so I can find all the extra hidey holes. #teamlovinlife

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVED this. I went twice one year and another time I stayed near Circular Quay for Vivid and the Sydney Writers Festival so got to see it. However, they've added some much more now. Thank you for bringing it to life! Denyse x

    ReplyDelete
  14. wowzers. This is pretty rad. Thanks for linking up to #globalblogging.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are brilliant. You went out to a lot more places than I did.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful shots, Lydia! Looks like it was another wonderful event - all good things have to end at some stage though...
    Thank you for linking up with the "my Sunday Best" meme!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, that must of been spectacular! Definitely adding some colour to an otherwise dull week! #globalblogging

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hubster and I were devastated when Expo 88 in Brisbane came to an end - we were dating at that stage and with season passes, it meant we always had somewhere to go and something to do! Vivid looks amazing and I have been enjoying seeing posts about it like yours.

    ReplyDelete