Tuesday 21 March 2017

Coastrek - walk a mile in my shoes


Opera House in the rain
Under the bridge, out of the rain


The other day we walked 30km in rainy, windy conditions to raise money for the Fred Hollows Foundation. The aim of Coastrek was to raise over $2.8 million, and they were well on the way to do it at last count.






Neilson park



We were a lot slower than other walks I've done, but even the 35kms I did was in clear conditions, so I'm guessing that was part of the problem.

















I won't say I was loving life, but it was better than I expected, given my anticipation of the conditions.
















Coastrek is heading to Melbourne in May and Sunshine Coast in July. It's not too late to get a team together, but if you're doing the 60kms, you need 12 weeks to train. If you want to see some spectacular scenery and help a good cause with friends, this is the way to do it.








If you want to donate to the Fred Hollows Foundation, click here.




Linking with #Allseasons because it's just more rainy day photos....


Stormy Bondi

22 comments:

  1. Wow those cliffs! Sorry the weather wasn't the best for the walk but the scenery still looked nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lydia, visiting via another site where your photo of the cliffs grabbed my attention which is totally awesome! I just love the dramatic view you captured. Have a fototastic week!

    Hit the dance floor with Curious as a Cathy with sci-fi theme mewsic from my favorite TV shows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you helping to raise money. 30k!! That is about 18.6 miles if my math is right. That is a lot of walking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your trek to raise money ~ Lovely photos too ~ thanks,

    Wishing you a fun week ~ thanks ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weldome to ALL SEASONS! Beautiful views on this walk! Am afraid am not much of a walker - when the rest of the family went hiking on our vacations, I stayed on a good spot to paint:) Thank you for sharing this Coastrek and wishing you a successful prep. for the actual walk!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's dedication. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looked like good walk even better to raise money well done :-)

    Have a trektastic week & thanks for walking by :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The photos are so beautiful even just in those very small sizes, almost straining my eyes! That cliff is amazing, and those building houses on top of it are really brave! And you will be walking 60km!!! That is for me most incredible too, for a cause, may your tribe increase!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The rains, winds and gloomy weather- reminds me of Mumbai, which looks exactly like this 4 months a year! I love the rains!

    #praticalmondays

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pics! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Impressive cliffs. I thought looking at the thumbnail this was Ireland.

    Worth a Thousand Words

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great cause to be participating in, even if the weather wasn't great. Truly a good way to see the sights and scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great shots around Sydney.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such wonderful pictures! Even if it was rainy...

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is kind of a long walk (at least on my book). Looks like the rewards where enough to compensate.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I would love to sign up for something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The bridge would make my knees weak if very high at all, but still looks like an awesome bridge to walk across. The pictures you share a amazing. So true, I can imagine the scenery helped the mind not worry about the miles you were walking. Not familiar with the foundation, but an awesome reason to take a walk for something you believe in. Thanks for sharing so I could have a view through your photos, and thanks for visiting and linking.

    Peabea@Peabea Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is a pretty impressive distance and bad weather really does make it much tougher.

    Mollyx

    ReplyDelete
  19. looks like and amazing walk and the scenery was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for linking up at Impulsive Artistry!! : )

    Nice pics!!

    ReplyDelete