Friday 1 January 2016

Welcome 2016

We had a nice celebration watching the fireworks, picnic by the water and all that jazz - my new camera fell out of the bag in the back of the uber, but made it's way home last night, so the tale of lost and found is rather short lived. But a big thanks to our wonderful driver Dave, who made collection very easy!!

A new year, we all start with hopes and dreams and plans. Some of us (me) lack the motivation to really set the wheels in motion. But I'm working on it. Maybe that should be my motto - working on it!

I'm taking the summer off to write - I have already submitted one story (not brilliant but done). I still need to work on the kids book, as per Torschlusspanik list. And yesterday - yes, New Years Day, I finished and submitted my BAS!! Pat on the back (or just outed as a complete loser). So I know have 6 days up the coast without a care in the world.

As we set off on another 940 million km journey round the sun with 7 billion mates*, what plans are making for a fabulous 2016?

*Wording stolen from a sign in Newtown (fire station - informative and live savers!)

Linking with #IMUSTCONFESS
and Maxabella loves (with not one word but 3)

10 comments:

  1. Working on it is a good motto to live by...after all, nothing is ever complete and we are always working on ourselves, our lives, our jobs...
    Hope 2016 is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for taking the summer off to write. Best wishes to you for a fabulous 2016! Cheers Lydia :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done you! I hope your 6 days on hols are fab. Denyse

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the quote from the Newtown Fire Station! No real goals for this year, I'm happy just winging it and keep on doing what I'm doing. Some plans to finish studies this year and travel next year ... but nothing set in stone coz sometimes life gets in the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taking the summer off to write. I love it. Something I would like to do but doesnt fit into my life just at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoping you had a wonderful break away and all the best for everything you are working towards in 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lucky your camera was returned. We haven't had a great start to the new year. I'm hoping it isn't a sign of things to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard not to see things like that - we've had one mini disaster after another - but only a month til we click into the Lunar New Year - I'm hoping it's smooth sailing after that! ;)

      Delete
  8. I'm hoping to take some time off next summer. If my year goes to plan I should be able to actually have a bit of a break by then. Good luck with your writing - hope it sets you up for a successful year Lydia!

    ReplyDelete