Wednesday 3 June 2015

Churches #Haunted2015

Kind of cheating, as they're creepy at the best of times but couldn't resist with these beautiful stone buildings. We were at a party in a church hall, and the birthday boy stood at the gates of the cremated grave plaques (I don't know what you call that) and shouted "I'm looking at death! I'm looking right at death!" It was very surreal, and hilarious.





Anyway, the bigger the photo, the creepier I think they are (the smaller ones didn't work quite as I expected). And the second  last one, I just like as it's the presence of God washing over the building (no filter, just what it was). The last one is my favourite, but I could be reading too many books about WWII and that may be clouding my vision.


 This one isn't creepy, just thought it was pretty.















Linking up with #WWOT

15 comments:

  1. These are totally creepy! I love the last one too! You have a real talent for making them appear creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all fab. I particularly love the leaves too. So many colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved them all but my fave was the pretty one. 'I'm looking a death!' I can so easily imagine that happening. Sounds exactly like one of my boys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the arched shaped doors and windows!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great collection of scary shots! I think the 4th one is the creepiest! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love old churches. There's the unknown history and all those secrets hidden away, locked away by time. Love the one with the autumn leaves x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh that last shot is the best one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is always great light inside churches! Great shots

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the word you're after is a columbarium ... I like the sunlight filtering through in the second last one x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great captures. Hauntingly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very interesting photos.
    I learnt something new - a columbarium.
    Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photos! I especially like the photo of the door. It seems to be beckoning! Have a grand week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/04/this-is-what-hope-looks-like.html.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd hyperlinked the #WWOT at the last photo....Love your Wordless Wednesday on a Tuesday!

      Delete