Monday 1 September 2014

“Style is knowing who you are, what you want to say, and not giving a damn” Orson Welles

You will soon see why I'm not a fashion blogger, if only for my photographic abilities...

I don't know how you do those boards you you'll just have to look piece by piece and put it together yourself!

I shop mainly by an online company, who I'm not going to name because I'm currently furious with them for sending me a hat in a plastic bag so it arrived looking like this:











Instead of just refunding me the money based on the photos like they have in the past, I've had to post it back with great hassle on my part, and I'm still waiting for the money. So no plugs for them - and given your stats, that's a big loss for them.

Anyway, I got myself this fabulous number for $45 (I got 2 other things so postage was $3.50 if you divide it up). Trollied Dolly Dress with a super cute cutout detail.



I got these little earrings from Bundanoon Markets for $10.









The stockings came from Alannah Hill bargain bin, while trawling around on my random acts of kindness mission - down to $10. They have sexy 'pretend' suspenders, a look I'm a little obsessed with at the moment, which is weird given I'm 107 and don't really pull off sexy...



 
Lastly, the I LOVE Billy shoes I got online about a million years ago, so from memory they were $25 (postage was divided up with another pair of shoes but I sold them on ebay and charged the buyer the postage I paid in the shoe cost.)
 
 

Under $100 including postage....happy, happy!

Linking up with  #OpenSlather

13 comments:

  1. WOW! Love your style. What bargains. How cool are those stockings! Super impressed and delighted you have joined my latest style challenge.

    Keep me posted with the hat fiasco. That is just shocking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea how to do those boards either! But this post is still closer to fashion blogging than anything I'll ever do. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the shoes! Hope you get your money back for the hat. I'd be furious too! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is gorgeous - very cute. And go you for turning your hand at fashion blogging - you are more game than I am!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How disappointing the hat come in that state. I.love. those. earrings! Bargain on the tights!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of it!!
    Those stockings are hawt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG that hat!!! What the heck?!? I can't believe the photo evidence wasn't enough to convince them that a) it was smooshed and b) IT WAS SMOOSHED, HELLO?!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well spotted! Total bummer about the hat! I love internet shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well spotted! Total bummer about the hat! I love internet shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well spotted! Total bummer about the hat! I love internet shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you divide up the postage costs per items in the package!!! I never thought to do this. You are too cool lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha ha 107 - whatever! That sucks about the hat... dorks. Great selection! And here's to being FOXY!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a shame about the hat, I'd be so angry too! The dress is very cute though :)

    Thanks for joining the #WeekdayWearLinkup! Hope you are having a good weekend :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete