Monday 8 September 2014

Head case

Actually, I was chuffed to be cased by Musings of the Misguided so as I am about to shut the blog down for a holiday, I thought I better jump in quickly with my answers...

1.How long have you been blogging and why did you start? I was in this delusional state where I thought I could earn enough money not to find an actual out of the home job...I have since given up that idea, and now just blog for pleasure - the upside being it gives me free reign to write what I like, and when I like...It's been over 2 years now, which I find hard to believe...it might even be just clocking into my third. But it still feels very new.


Nothing more Audrey Hepburn than a dress in a box


2.If your wardrobe could talk what would it say about you and tell us about your favourite or most worn item. I have a Jack Skellington hand bag, which I love. I adore my Essendon Footy jumper. Very fond of the Crazy Cat Shoes, my wedding dress is the only dress I own that came in a box, I have a collection of hand painted stockings (for which I am famous for), and I have an Alannah Hill furry cardigan that is often called my Hooker jacket (though would probably be more fitting with Alice Francis's term 'Flappies')...How do I narrow it down to one? My wardrobe would say I wear what I like and to hell with fashion trends...








3.What’s your idea of the perfect date night? Anything with just my partner - movie, dinner, concert - anything. We don't get a lot of outings without kids or company, so I really treasure the time when we have fun together alone.

4.What’s on your worth casing list? Currently Hawaii - I am pouring over photos daily of the volcanos, Big Island and Kauai. Scoot airfares are currently also being cased. And I'm hoping I can get us back to Coffs for the weekend if the price is right (Tiger Sale, $1 return fares please).

5. If you had a theme song, what would it be and why? This is hard. Currently I'm listening to Yeezus, so I'm ready for Friday. Been overloading on Alice Francis, but she is too cool to be applicable to me.  I'll go with Theophilus London's I stand alone because I like what he's saying...to anyone wanting to make change in this world and in themselves remember 'the clothes don't make the man, it's the man that makes the clothes' . He rocks quirky fashion like no other...A man after my own fashion style...




Linking up an old post because I like the song! #ClaireJustine #MummaBStylish) 
#FabulousFridayLinkup #Fashionfiles #HighFashionStyle #Stylewithasmile




15 comments:

  1. Glad you jumped on board before your blogging holiday. I've never actually had any piece of clothing come in a box, even my wedding dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And yet my wedding dress was probably cheaper than your wedding dress (even on that I loved a bargain!)....but I still remember clearly the moment when they went off to get the box and I suddenly felt very lifestyles of the rich & famous....

      Delete
  2. OMG, I LOVE the sound of your wardrobe, I'm not particularly mainstream with my wardrobe but I think yours out does mine by a mile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish we could wear clothing that comes in a box everyday. I wish that even doing menial tasks, wearing evening wear was socially excepted and encouraged.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I've ever had any clothing come out of a box. Must rectify this one day! Enjoy your holiday xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hand painted stockings! That sounds intriguing and tres stylish Lydia :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your nominees..(well the ones I know and am off to check out the ones I don't!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am very intrigued by your fashion sense. I'm trying to put an outfit together in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the crazy cat shoes - I did not know you could get them for adults - I am off to buy some! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Hooker Jacket" - LOL! Gotta love me some Alannah Hill :) x
    P.S Love your Crazy Cat shoes too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...I don't mind standing alone, I've always been a bit of a loner! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have ROCKED the house girlfriend! Thanks for the introduction to this tune too! I've never heard it before. You have a great week. Hmmm Theme song.. well, ya know what I'm gonna think about that one. I have no idea what it would be. hahahaha Man am I outta touch! HAVE A ROCKIN' WEEK GIRLFRIEND. Thanks for stopping by & joining us. woo hoo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lydia,

    This is a new.to.me.song! It has a great beat setting my body to groove in my chair as I leave this message to you. ;) Thanks for joining the 4M crew on the dance floor and have a boogie week, darlin'!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Clothes really do make the man and I loved him in the rowboat in that fur coat ensemble. What style! Thank you for joining Music Moves Me this week with this stylish presentation. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. How lovely to get some clothes in a box. I love this idea :) Thank so much for linking up with us :)

    ReplyDelete